Looking for information on weight loss treatment options that are now available? Losing extra pounds can be difficult, so some people may need professional assistance. Modern technologies are now used to help people lose weight.Considering choosing a weight loss treatment program? There are many benefits to choosing to lose weight under the guidance and supervision…
Dermal Fillers for a Youthful Look
Dermal fillers can make a person appear more youthful, and they cost a lot less than a traditional facelift. Fillers can be used to address a variety of cosmetic issues like wrinkles, lines, and hollows. The results can last for over a year. A filler can be used to relax the muscles underneath a wrinkle or fill up a crease/line in the patient's skin. When it is applied to the area that needs work, it makes aging skin less noticeable and leaves the person looking younger. Dermal fillers are also used to plump and volumize the jawline, chin, lips, temples, and cheeks. Fillers can even be used to improve the appearance of saggy hands.
Common types of dermal fillers
The most common type of fillers used to address cosmetic issues and the signs of aging include:
- Hyaluronic acid: This chemical is naturally present in the connective tissues of a person's skin and can be used to fill up wrinkles and fine lines. This filler type can also be used to augment a person's lips and give them more volume.
- Calcium hydroxylapatite: This type of filler is often used to restore volume in a person's cheeks, eliminate skin folds, and address deep wrinkles. It can also be used to contour the jawline. Calcium hydroxylapatite fillers tend to last longer than those containing hyaluronic acids – up to three years.
- Fat injections: A dermatologist might also decide to remove fat from one part of a patient's body and use it to fill up another part. The fat is typically extracted with liposuction and injected into the area that needs more volume. The effects of this type of filler can be permanent, but it usually requires multiple injections and overfilling the area to make up for the body reabsorbing fat.
- Permanent soft tissue fillers: These are often used for deep wrinkles around the mouth. Because this filler can't be absorbed by the body, patients can see more permanent results. This filler type is generally not recommended for those who are getting fillers for the first time.
- Poly-L-lactic acid fillers: This type of filler is great for people with HIV who have localized fat tissue loss as a symptom. These fillers are used to make up for the lost tissue, and the effects can last a couple of years.
What to expect when getting dermal fillers
Getting dermal fillers is a straightforward process. The doctor will typically numb the site of injection with a numbing agent, then inject the filler into the problematic area. The entire procedure usually takes less than an hour unless fat fillers are being used. The patient might experience some soreness for a couple of days, but that quickly goes away. The area that was worked on will feel like it normally does within a few days. With fillers, the patient gets instant results. Find out more about our dermal filler services and about how we can help you get your youthful look back.
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.
A chemical peel is one of the most popular treatments at your local medspa, but what is it exactly? What does it treat and how does it work? Get the scoop on chemical peels to determine if you need to get this treatment the next time you visit the medical spa.A chemical peel is essentially…
Are you thinking about undergoing skin tightening treatments? Read on to learn more about this type of cosmetic procedure. Skin tightening treatments have grown in popularity as more and more individuals are looking to reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging in the facial area and other parts of the body. Thankfully, there are now more…
A medical spa, or medspa, is a hybrid between an aesthetic medical clinic and a traditional day spa. These spas provide non-invasive medical services under the supervision of a physician. Medical spas are growing in popularity for a myriad of reasons. Learn more about the benefits that come with visiting a medical spa.Below are the…