Dermal FillersPocatello, ID
Dermal fillers can make a person appear more youthful, and they cost a lot less than a traditional facelift. Fillers can be used to address a variety of cosmetic issues like wrinkles, lines, and hollows. The results can last for over a year. A filler can be used to relax the muscles underneath a wrinkle or fill up a crease/line in the patient's skin. When it is applied to the area that needs work, it makes aging skin less noticeable and leaves the person looking younger. Dermal fillers are also used to plump and volumize the jawline, chin, lips, temples, and cheeks. Fillers can even be used to improve the appearance of saggy hands.
Common types of dermal fillers
The most common type of fillers used to address cosmetic issues and the signs of aging include:
- Hyaluronic acid: This chemical is naturally present in the connective tissues of a person’s skin and can be used to fill up wrinkles and fine lines. This filler type can also be used to augment a person’s lips and give them more volume.
- Calcium hydroxylapatite: This type of filler is often used to restore volume in a person’s cheeks, eliminate skin folds, and address deep wrinkles. It can also be used to contour the jawline. Calcium hydroxylapatite fillers tend to last longer than those containing hyaluronic acids – up to three years.
- Fat injections: A dermatologist might also decide to remove fat from one part of a patient’s body and use it to fill up another part. The fat is typically extracted with liposuction and injected into the area that needs more volume. The effects of this type of filler can be permanent, but it usually requires multiple injections and overfilling the area to make up for the body reabsorbing fat.
- Permanent soft tissue fillers: These are often used for deep wrinkles around the mouth. Because this filler can’t be absorbed by the body, patients can see more permanent results. This filler type is generally not recommended for those who are getting fillers for the first time.
- Poly-L-lactic acid fillers: This type of filler is great for people with HIV who have localized fat tissue loss as a symptom. These fillers are used to make up for the lost tissue, and the effects can last a couple of years.
What to expect when getting dermal fillers
Getting dermal fillers is a straightforward process. The doctor will typically numb the site of injection with a numbing agent, then inject the filler into the problematic area. The entire procedure usually takes less than an hour unless fat fillers are being used. The patient might experience some soreness for a couple of days, but that quickly goes away. The area that was worked on will feel like it normally does within a few days. With fillers, the patient gets instant results. Find out more about our dermal filler services and about how we can help you get your youthful look back.
Call Us Today
A medical spa, or medspa, is a hybrid between an aesthetic medical clinic and a traditional day spa. These spas provide non-invasive medical services under the supervision of a physician. Medical spas are growing in popularity for a myriad of reasons. Learn more about the benefits that come with visiting a medical spa.Below are the…
If you want to look and feel better, consider getting an aesthetic treatment from a medspa. These non-surgical treatments can change your looks for the better.Get the details on the most popular aesthetic treatments you can receive in the comfort of a medical spa.Many people turn to a medspa to get dermal fillers such as…
Curious about the PDO thread lift procedure? Read on to learn more about this anti-aging treatment. There are numerous anti-aging treatments available today for those looking for ways to tighten loose, sagging facial skin without having to endure an invasive surgery that involves general anesthesia or a scalpel. The PDO Thread Lift is considered a…
Fat is something medspa treatments aim to help eliminate, especially in certain areas of the body. There are some deposits that diet and exercise alone cannot seem to reduce. In the past, surgical intervention may have been the only choice. As technology has evolved, however, new methods of noninvasive fat treatment have sprung up, and…
Many patients visiting a medspa seek treatment for flat or sagging cheeks. While cheeks often appear plump and supple in one’s youth, facial volume and fat naturally decrease with age, which can result in a face that appears hollow or loose. One way patients can add volume to the cheeks and achieve a more attractive,…